Mirror ! Mirror ! on the wall...

11:00 am lekha 2 Comments


Hi lovely people , 
I am back on the blog with another quick tutorial using Papericious decoupage papers. And again this time I could not stop myself from using the Pretty Peonies. For the project today I have fussy cut the designs.
I had an old wooden frame with me, painted it in shades of purple and added little gold.Let the paint dry.
 I love the crackle effect, it adds to the vintage factor of your final outcome. Remember to use two contrasting colors while using crackle medium otherwise you wont get the desired effect. Let the medium dry and than add top layer of acrylic paint or chalk paint. The size of the crack would depend on how thick or thin layer of paint you put on top of the crackle medium.
I personally love using chalk paints, they give perfect results when used with crackle medium. Next fussy cut all the images you want from the pattern paper. 
 Papericious decoupage glue is just perfect as its quite tacky and gives you few seconds window to adjust your fussy cut pieces. To add a little interest I have used the Kaisercraft script stamp on the frame with Rangers Sepia archival ink.







Hope you get inspired by this quick tutorial. 
Keep crafting.
Lekha

Supplies Used: 
                                          Decoupage paper- Pretty Peonies

Decoupage Papers - Peacock Medley
Chalk Paints - Bracket Green

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful :) And thanks for the close up pics, it explains your work neatly!

    ReplyDelete